DIDYMUS DICTA

DAILY MEDITATIONS ON THE PSALMS

My Photo
Name:

Each morning I spend 30 minutes, more or less, researching and writing on a passage of scripture. This is principally a form of spiritual self-discipline. But comments and questions are welcome.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart. Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it. Turn my heart to your decrees, and not to selfish gain. Turn my eyes from looking at vanities; give me life in your ways. (Psalm 136: 33-37)

I prefer a note to a comment. It is eccentric and almost certainly prideful. But whether another has a criticism or praise, I especially value receiving it in written form.

The written form allows me to review and reflect on the message again and again. The written form also seems to produce a more insightful message.

God has inspired a great library. The words of God and about God benefit from multiple readings and active reflection. It is a treasury of love letters to which I turn for strength.

Teach me, give me understanding, lead me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home