DIDYMUS DICTA

DAILY MEDITATIONS ON THE PSALMS

My Photo
Name:

Each morning I spend 30 minutes, more or less, researching and writing on a passage of scripture. This is principally a form of spiritual self-discipline. But comments and questions are welcome.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

My soul is satisfied as with a rich feast, and my mouth praises you with joyful lips when I think of you on my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. (Psalm 63: 5-8)

In my earliest memories God is there. I cannot recall a time when I seriously questioned being in relationship with God.

I can - almost as a game - make credible intellectual arguments for God as a creation of human imagination. I can listen with interest to more earnest such arguments by others.

As I have matured in faith and reason I have become more aware of God being beyond my understanding. I am sure that God is beyond my capacity to fully know.

I doubt my understanding, but I do not doubt the presence of God. My innermost being is certain of God with and within me.

More and more I find my greatest satisfaction in acknowledging and simply abiding with that presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home